SWEET MEMORIES....

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My new Hair-do



Going for a new hair-style was never in my agenda for this year. The thought never crossed my mind, until a week ago, Shay and I were talking about hair, and suddenly I thought, "I wanna chop off my long locks". I guess it's all these new year, new phase and new everything "hype" that made me take this spontaneous decision. It's not like, i've never thought of keeping short hair, but I never took a step, never made the thought into a decision. I guess I got used to having my long, flowing, princess-ey hair. (It gave me extra confidence, and made me more secure in a way *haha*)

It's been close to a decade (about 6 over years) since I had that "so-called" princess-ey hair, so I guess its good for a change. I was never as excited as I was at the hair-dresser's ( for a hair-cut). The moment the hair-dresser chopped off my long hair, i was overwhelmed with this immense joy, like a weight is lifted off or something. Anyway, this got me thinking. Why didn't I have the courage to cut my hair short prior to last friday? And I realise it was fear. I was afraid that I would look awful. I was afraid I would look so ugly that people wouldn't accept me. Then it struck me. Many people give up things. Things they should have done, (but never did) things they should have experience, (but never did) things they should have pursued (but never did). Well, all i can say is, you never know until you've done it. The trick is to get someone who knows it well and let that person guide you. (relate it to getting a good hairdresser and allowing her to suggest, after showing her what you want)

Well, life is too short to be dwelt on what-ifs and nots.... Live it.. :)

No comments: