SWEET MEMORIES....

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

cousin's wedding........

My cousin's wedding's finally over!!! hurray for that,,,,,,,,,,,,
it was a hectic week, paying visits to her house(which is in the border of Nagaland and another state); and being the unofficial PHOTORAPHER!!! Well i learn alot of things, i Shud say, like the HANLUM(which is a custom followed by our tribe)!!!
Its pretty interesting, OK, whether u wana hear it or not, m gona explain! Hanlum is actually a PIG which is demanded by the bride's family(even if the bride's family don demand the groom's are obligated to give) so the Pig given by the groom's family will be cut into appropriate size and distributed amongst the bride's family. The relatives in turn r obligated to give a certain amount of money to the bride. The bride's family in lieu of sendin their daughter wit PRIDE, will try to give as much MOney as they can! the Bigger the amount, the better!!!
**** i hope i explain it correctly, if not my Naga brothers n sistas r gona strangle me*** haha!!!
Another Dramtic thing happened,,, after takin pics wit ma cousin, sudenly my shrug got stuck in her gown, i tried to remove it but cud'nt; so ma mum had to run to my rescue... hehe! and the funny part is my Aunt told me that its a sign that I'm gona be MARRIED next!!!so Absurd!!! but i find it cute n funny too...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahhaahha...who knws ur Aunty might be rite......