SWEET MEMORIES....

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Human Mind...

Do we really know who we are? Do we really believe in what we think we believe? I've asked myself this question, more than once. The REASON: sometimes I say things that I "think" is what i truly believe.. but end up doing the opposite. This maybe because of the struggle between human mind and human heart. The mind sets standards, goals and principles, which may or may not be benificial for oneself, but in the end its the heart that always leds a man/woman.
Like for example, like any young fellow I want to be successful in my career; in whatever i do so that there is an emmense sense of satisfaction. (but this satisfaction quickly dies off... ask around alot of successful people, career-wise, they'll tell u)... BUT when i really think about it... especially when i am alone... and am not effected by external factors, such as parents, society, friends... I think what i really want is to be able to raise a good family, just like my mum and dad did... when i raise Godly kids, then will I count myself successful. It's scary to think about what i am writing here, but go back, into your rooms and try thinking... you'll get your answer...
Only then will I count myself successful. Laughing and joking with my kids, teaching and disciplining them... yea..
And that's excatly what my heart wants..
My mind wants to be successful in my field...
My heart wants success in something thats deeper than just a well-paid job...
And in the end.. I bet the heart will win..
See that's what i mean... no matter how you condition your mind to follow a certian trend.. your heart still rules...
Don't you think..??

Btw.. there is always, always, always and always an internal conflict in our mind.. so who do you trust?? Mind?? heart?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

confusing... I think i'll go with both the mind n the heart.. my mind do show me lots of things which i haven't seen yet with my naked eyes and my heart tells me the good n the bad stuffs and always connected with God... ... U can talk with him through your heart and imaging him through ur mind.. what do u say????

Anonymous said...

true true... but mind can sometimes be quite dogmatic.. wanting to stick to a certian principle which u mit not even believe in.. but u sort of force urself to...
(rem vime: using my mind, i forced and conditioned myself that i will never try to fall in love.. ??) ah.. best example.. haha..